2014-01-07

A More User-Friendly and Dynamic View in Blogger

As you can see now, I no longer use the dynamic view in Blogger. For a more detailed reason, refer to my newer post.
(updated on 8/1/14 10:22 GMT)

The dynamic view template in Blogger can already switch its modes according to the users' needs. The containers in "flipcard" and "mosaic" views can be enlarged by a click on them. However, the default "sidebar" view still has its supporters, despite its inadequacies. [1]
Last Saturday, I changed the template from a dark one to a dynamic one withe sidebar. However, when I'd like to scroll down to my earlier essays, I found out that I need to go through some passages in between my current position and my target in the scrollbar. This is quite troublesome since a considerable amount of time is needed to load the contents of a blog entry.
Luckily, I could find out how Yoga changed his code in "Add CSS" in his template so as to get the sidebar on the left scrollable. I just copy the code from him for your reference.
.sidebar #sidebar, .ss{
margin-top: 12px !important;
overflow-y: scroll !important;
}
Note: Later, I found out that without the scrollbar, the sidebar is still scrollable.

References:
[1]: http://www.southernspeakers.net/2012/09/scrollbar-for-sidebar-posts-in-blogger.html

No comments:

Post a Comment